Thursday 16 January 2014

The Cult Candle | Slatkin & Co.



Candles.  They're a must. All year round.

Those three sentences could really sum up this post but I will elaborate. You may be able to tell that I'm a big fan of candles and really any other lovely aroma-making things like reed diffusers. I'm very sensitive to smells and honestly if it doesn't smell good or even pleasant; be it a bedroom, physical environment or person, I'm a little hesitant. Some people seem to only like candles in Winter but I definitely don't discriminate. I do prefer particular scents throughout the year though, so now as it's Summer here in Australia I prefer more coconutty, fresh, tropical scents whereas in the cooler months I prefer spicy, rich and warm scents to make my room feel nice and cosy. The other day my friend walked into my room and said "It literally always smells amazing in here" and that was a lovely compliment because I want my room to be a nice, inviting place where my friends can feel comfortable. This may seem a little exaggerated for some but I just really like things to smell nice, ok..

The point of this post is to express my love for Slatkin & Co. candles. The range that every YouTuber and their dog raves about in hauls and burns in the background of their videos for added 'atmosphere'. As I live in Sydney, sadly we have no Bath & Body Works where I can purchase these but I bought my first mini one in Dubai Mall on a stopover and I have been lucky enough to find some on eBay at an elevated price I'm sure. Of the few I've tried, 'Tropical Spice' is my absolute favourite which I have repurchased many times now, is described as "an exotic blend of cinnamon bark, spiced rum and Tahitian vanilla. It's amaze. It's my go-to Summer candle and it is always received well.

Slatkin & Co. candles come in various sizes and at the moment I have the largest 3-wick size of Tropical Spice and it has lasted me well over a month with regular burning. The scent is very powerful and does linger once the candle is blown out and with a suggested 40-65 hour burning time it is pretty good value for money especially if you can buy them instore in the States.  I bought a few new scents last week which have just arrived from eBay and they're Spiced Cider, Coco Lobo and of course a small back up of Tropical Spice. All smaller sizes so not sure how long they'll last but it'll be good for trialling the new scents.

What are your favourite candle/scent brands?

Millie x

Follow me on Instagram! - @beautylocale. 


















1 comment:

Follow on Bloglovin