Sunday 12 January 2014

The Newest MAC Additions


 Humid, Plum Dressing, Swiss Chocolate, Greensmoke


When it comes to eyeshadows, I generally prefer to spend a bit extra to get the quality that (one hopes) comes with the price tag. Don't get me wrong MUA's £4 eyeshadow palettes do have a spot in my collection and I do love their colour ranges and the quality is pretty good for its price. My favourites when it comes to mid-range eyeshadows are the usual - MAC, Inglot and Urban Decay all of which are great in their colour payoff, lasting power and extensive colour ranges. I started my MAC palette I think just over a year ago and I've slowly been building it up with thanks to many recommendations from blogs, youtube ladies and the like. As my dearest Dad was going to the UK, I thought it only right to take advantage and asked him to pick me up a few bits seeing as it is quite a bit cheaper over there. 

I narrowed my (ridiculously long) list down to a few bits but MAC eyeshadows to further fill my palette were always top of the list. I did my research well and noted down a lot of shades that I had heard or read recommendations for, googled swatches and finally narrowed it down to 4 shades - Humid, Greensmoke, Swiss Chocolate and Plum Dressing. I felt like branching out from my usual neutral shades that I always go for and thought some greens and a purple shade would be fun to experiment with. As I have green eyes, Plum Dressing should be quite complimentary as green and purple are opposite on the colour wheel and for some green tone eyeshadow may seem a bit daunting, outdated or slightly 80s but I've seen some gorgeous looks recently and I was sold! 

I have one (ONE?! How on Earth did you fill so quickly, Mr Palette??) spot left in my 15 pan palette so 
I am open to recommendations or maybe I'll just have to buy an insert..


Despite how unloved and unused they look, these shadows most definitely get a lot of attention and love. 
L-R: Soft Brown, Brule, All Races, Swiss Chocolate, Smut
2nd: All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Cranberry, Satin Taupe, Contrast
3rd: (TBC), Plum Dressing, Humid, Greensmoke, Carbon

MAC shadows retail for AUD $26 for shades in the pan or $33 for single shadows.

What are your favourite shadows- colours, brands or whatever else? 

Millie x

Follow me on instagram-  @beautylocale 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin