Sunday 16 November 2014

The It Cosmetics 'Naturally Pretty' Palette


Ohh matte shadows, how I love thee so. Sometimes I just don't feel like shimmer and crave a matte eye; I don't know what it is but I'm really drawn to matte products and the look of them. I've got quite a few single matte eyeshadows from various brands but I've never found a complete palette with the right shades, right formula and just all round the bomb.com until now. It Cosmetics isn't really a brand that's readily available in Australia but of course I've seen it mentioned on YouTube, blogs and the like. I trawl through Instagram all day, errday (@beautylocale if you were wondering) and when I saw this beauty pop up on Shameless Fripperie's feed I was all over it. Scrolled through the comments and saw she bought it from PM Studio in Waterloo, Sydney and it was mine. I didn't physically go to the store, I decided to just buy it online and pay a small shipping fee but they also stock some other hard to find brands as well like Make Up For Ever, Cover FX, Viseart and lots more. 



Within a few days it arrived and that was it. I was hooked. Karima (Shamless Fripperies) posted a video on her first impressions of this which I didn't even watch before I purchased however I did read a couple of reviews, had a look at more close up photos and asked no more questions. I can't find it on their site at the moment but from memory this came in under $50 which for 14 shadows and a pearl transformer is incredibly well priced. I used the palette non-stop for at least a week which is unlike me; with new products I often use them once or twice, alternate and come back to it every few days but this was glued to my morning face routine. Even after months of using this palette I reach for it almost everyday if not for a complete look then for matte shades to run through the crease.

Top Row

Bottom Row
The colour selection is so versatile and great for day and night. The shadows themselves are phenomenal and beautifully pigmented; super easy to work with and blend like a dream. I never thought of reaching for orangey and more red toned shadows (rather than a cranberry) but I surprise myself at how often my little MAC 217 gravitates to Sunrise and Sunset. With the 14 shadows, comes a larger 'Pearl Transformer' which is meant to transform any of the matte shadows to a shimmer. I'm not 100% sold on the transformer, I've found it changes the colour as well as adding shimmer so it's not what I always want but I do like it for a brow and inner corner highlight. 

You can see from the photos how well loved the palette is considering a lot of the IT stampings have disappeared but I just can't rave enough about how good this palette is and the shadows themselves. The only thing I'm not such a big fan of is the felted packaging because it's already got grimy fingerprints on it and I haven't really travelled with it that much at all. Because it's a material cover, it does pick up anything that's on your fingertips but I can work past that. 




1 comment:

  1. I have a new found appreciation for matte shadows all of sudden, so I will defiantly have to make a trip to ulta for this pallet! Great Review and very happy you were able to get your hands on it. :D
    nichellexoxo.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin