Saturday 1 November 2014

New in | NARS Audacious Lipsticks



You know you have beautiful friends in your life when an after work Mecca swatch session becomes a mental note for future birthday gifts. This was the case for me when one of my work pals turned up with that familiar eggplant shade of shopping bag and handed me makeup heaven from MeccaCosmetica. Inside contained the new Nars Audacious lipsticks. Two of them in fact. You can imagine the internal silent squeals at my desk. They happened. Anyway she knows how grateful I am and all the feels so let's crack on with the beauty.. crack..?


Barbara & Fanny

Nars' most recent launch of their Audacious lipsticks and liners created quite a kerfuffle in the beautysphere I must say. I'm not sure if it was because they got a total revamp in packaging, stamping the lot or if a new Nars launch is just that exciting. I think it may be a little of column A and a little of column B. The range was launched with 30 shades each named with a womans' name so added excitement points if one of them is yours! There's nudes, oranges, reds, pinks, vampy, they've launched them all so there's something for everyone.

On an Instagram trawl I'd spotted the shade Fanny but we all know that sometimes in photos colours can look a little off, especially for lipsticks and blushes. Not in this case; I flipped over almost every lipstick I thought was close in colour until I found her- Fanny; a beautiful deep raspberry shade I would say but not too wintery, it's definitely wearable in all months.

Barbara
The second shade she chose was Barbara-a beautiful brown toned nude, right up my alley! Apparently she wanted to get my Anita which we'd both admired in store but was told that Anita was a popular gal and sold out. Doesn't bother me, Barbara is a beautiful lady! I was worried it was going to be too nude on my pale skin but no issues whatsoever, it's perfect.

L- Fanny, R- Barbara
These lipsticks glide on, feel super comfortable on the lips and are easy to reapply. They retail for $44 each from MeccaCosmetica.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! These both look so pretty, I wanted Anita as well but it was sold out online, as were many others. I ended up getting Claudia, but I am definitely going to be going back for more. Both your shades look so pretty. What a thoughtful work pal!!! Happy belated birthday darl xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so stunning! Everytime I go to Mecca, the colours I want are always sold out :( Didn't get in quick enough. Barbara looks amazing, and the perfect nude. Hope you had an amazing birthday.

    www.darlingdeedee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how annoying! I think they've definitely been a big hit. Thank you!

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin