Saturday 6 June 2015

One Swipe Wonders


One swipe eye product wonders are a running late girl's bff! Or a girl, like myself, who enjoys a few extra minutes of sleep whenever I can sneak them in. I have a few products that I know I can turn to that will be quick, fuss-free and look like I've put in a lot more effort than I had the time for.

For this kind of purpose, a cream product is often going to be your go-to because these can be applied with your fingers, usually blend out easily and if they set well or you prime your lids, they should stay put and crease-free for the whole day.

Starting off with the Maybelline Colour Tattoos which I don't think anyone won't have heard of- these come in a multitude of colours, both neutral and bold brights as well as some limited edition shades and formulas. I have a range of these and they're just foolproof; they blend beautifully with either your finger or a brush and look great on their own and work well as a base for powder shadows.

Higher end of the spectrum are the Aqua Cream shadows from Make Up For Ever. I saw this beautiful burgundy shade in Sephora and I just couldn't walk away, plus I think I was also going through a bit of a cranberry, burnt red phase. These stay like no other, you need to work quickly because once these have set they will not budge.

Eyeshadow sticks- namely Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet and the Rimmel Scandaleyes shadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze. I've done a comparison of these two on my instagram and although when swatched they look quite different, once applied on the eye they're really quite similar. So if you've been eyeing off the Charlotte Tilbury version but have been hesitant to spend or just can't get your hands on them, hit up Rimmel! I just scribble these (light-handedly) over my lid and blend them in with again, my ring finger or a brush. Both have a shimmer to them that makes them look more dimensional and are beautiful on the lids.

Another stick of sorts is the By Terry Ombre Blackstar cream eyeshadow in Misty Rock; a YouTube endorsed purchase, these are stu-uh-nning. Again, they have a shimmer to them that gives dimension to the eye without having that chunky glitter shimmer look. Misty Rock is a beautiful metallic lilac-pink that I think is especially flattering on green eyes. I like to use this over powder eyeshadow and on its own.


Onto the powder options, in this case they are the weaker team as I think generally you need a couple of shadows to blend together to create dimension and depth. However (!) there are a couple in my collection that I've found are an exception to the rule.

The L'Oreal Infallible Shadows are one product that I'm always checking to see if they've brought out new colours. They're just beautiful! Super pigmented, rich colours that are creamy to apply with either your finger or a brush. You don't need a setting spray or a fixing medium to use them because they're more of a pressed pigment so pack onto the lid really easily.

Another gem from L'Oreal are their more recent, Mono Eyeshadows. I've done a full post on these so I won't say much but this shade especially, 201- Cafe Saint Germain is a great one swipe wonder.

Last but not least is my tried and true, MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow. This is just my go-to gal for those days that I want a brown, bronzey eye that I can rely on, regardless of time. I've actually had people ask how many shadows I've been wearing when I've slapped this on solo and run out the door. Something about it, when blended out looks like you have put a whole lot more effort in and is lovely.

So there we have a few of my bffs for those days that I've slept in a little too long, am feeling uninspired or other. Super simple swipe and out the door!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post so much!!! I love one swipe wonders for when I'm in a rush! I have heard so much about the By Terry Ombre Blackstar cream eyeshadows and I really want to try them. I also have never tried the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows. What shades would you recommend?

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Sarah, I'm so sorry I never replied to this!! I've seriously neglected my blog *slaps wrist* The By Terry eyeshadows sticks are super luxe and I definitely recommend if you're ever feeling spendy. The L'Oreal Infallible shadows are one of my absolute favourite drugstore products- I haven't tried one I don't like to be honest. Their Mono shadows are good too but very delicate (read: do notttttt drop them) but I prefer the formula of the Infallibles. Definitely check them out when you're next in Priceline :)

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin