Monday 8 February 2016

Gimme Granola!


Seeing as I have this week off work, I thought I would get around to doing a few things that I've been threatening to do for a while now- starting off with making some granola!

Generally at our house we make homemade muesli for our breakfasts but I sometimes find that if I don't soak the oats overnight, it doesn't always sit well so.. enter granola *toasted muesli*.  

I just googled 'granola recipes' and found one from a healthy living blog and loosely went off that. As I said, we make muesli weekly in my household so I just happened to have all these ingredients but I really think you could just throw in whatever your heart desires! 

So how can you jump on the bandwagon and make granola to display in a pretty glass jar? 

Preheat your oven to 160 C and line a  tray with baking paper. 

Add to a large mixing bowl: 

- 2 to 3 cups of rolled oats (depending on the quantity you would like to make)
- 1/2 cup raw nuts (I used almonds and chopped walnuts)
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup seeds (I used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower)
- a (generous) sprinkling of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil or 'healthy oil' of choice (depending on how many cups of oats you used)
- a dash of vanilla essence 
- pinch of fine salt 

Combine well, ensuring no lumps of oil are left if you used solid coconut oil. Spread mixture in an even, thin layer on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden (or as toasted as you prefer). 

Leave to cool, store in pretty jar and Instagram! 

Please leave me your recommendations below, I think this could become a firm breakfast favourite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin