Tuesday 20 May 2014

Review | Maybelline Colour Elixirs


If you follow me on Instagram you'll already know I was pretty excited when these hit our shelves in recent weeks! After reading/seeing all the raves from the Northern Hemisphere beauties, namely Estee (essiebutton) who raaaaved about these and what Estee says, goes. I generally like her recommendations and trust them which really seems a bit strange to trust a complete stranger's opinions on products but whatever trevor.

These popped up in Priceline last week and they've been priced at $17.95 RRP but they had a $4 off lips deal when I bought these so I saved a few pretty pennies. I had a few minutes to spare on my way to work this said morning so I made my way to Priceline and there they stood in all their glory. This same week Bourjois launched their Rouge Edition Velvet which I'd seen on my Instagram feed and already they'd received mixed reviews and at $24.95 I wasn't overly impressed with that. Anna, of Vivianna Does Makeup, another blogger who I trust with my makeup spendings absolutely loves the Bourjois offering but I'm definitely going to wait for some kind of offer on them. In my mind I can't justify that much for a drugstore product regardless of how good it is. Anyway! Back to Maybelline.. So I stood at the stand doin' my swatches and found myself commenting on how pretty they were. out loud. in public. Didn't even realise I was doing it but luckily it was early morning so only a few other people were in the store. After swatching all the shades and ooohing and aahhhing I restrained myself to just two shades for the time being, I wanted to see how they actually went on the lips before shopping up a storm.


The low down:
I bought Caramel Infused and Raspberry Rhapsody, both super wearable for everyday and great for the  cooler months cos y'all know I like my deep lip shades if you've read my Autumn/Winter trends post. These wear beautifully on the lips, aren't overly sticky or tacky and you can build up the colour or have it as more of a sheer wash. They are lightly fragranced and it took me a few wears to realise what it was but to me it seriously smells like Armani Code perfume which I love so it doesn't bother me.

I'm loving these at the moment especially with their Dior-esque packaging of the acrylic with a lipstick outline inside- super cute and high end looking!

Caramel Infused, Raspberry Rhapsody

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the colours that you picked out. Might need to go back and get those colours too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look at your review as well and that mauve colour looks right up my alley!

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin