Wednesday 28 May 2014

Haircare Routine from Wet to Dry



I'm not one to put a lot of time and effort into my hair and it's only recently that I've started doing more regular treatments to try and restore my dry ends. In saying that though, there are a few products that I do run through my hair after I've washed it (so 2-3 times a week) but other than that I just spritz some heat protectant in everyday before straightening to taming the front frizzies.

I have quite thick, wavy hair and it is also a bit frizzy but much less than it used to be when I was younger. I've used MorrocanOil religiously for probably over 2 years now and it's been the only product I've really used together with heat protectant because I've always been quite weary about further damaging my hair. These days I've started incorporating more into my haircare routine from wet to dry so here's a bit of a rundown of what I'm currently using. 

From towel dried to blow dry I always start with either a pea size of MorrocanOil or more recently L'Oreal Ever Sleek serum or even both. Both of these are great for taming frizz and overall smoothing but I feel the MorrocanOil does a bit more for treating and repairing my hair whereas L'Oreal is more for just sleeking everything down. I then move onto drying my hair which I am far from professional at and generally I just dry my hair using a Tangle Teezer or my hands to pull the hair taught so it dries more straight. Before starting this I spritz Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protectant all over my hair, comb through with my fingers and give it a few minutes to sink in. Then on a low-medium heat I dry my hair as best as I can and just do about 3/4  (because there is a lot of it) and just let the rest air dry. I then clip my hair into a loose bun to kind of smooth it down and make it less fluffy, I'll keep getting ready for a few minutes then go back to straighten the front bits around the edge of my face. I don't like to straighten immediately after drying because I feel like that's a lot of intense heat on my hair in one go so I do like to leave my hair to cool down for a little bit. Once I've completely finished and straightened what I want to fix up I like to use a pea size drop of Bumble & Bumble's Invisible Oil all over, starting from the ends to further tame frizz and smooth everything down. If my ends are feeling particularly dry I'll add a tiny amount of John Freida's Frizz Ease Finishing Creme just to the ends avoiding the roots completely because this is quite a heavy product. 

So there we have a brief rundown of my wet to dry haircare routine and the products I reach for once I've washed my hair. Products I use for styling and curling is separate to the products I've mentioned, these are just for haircare and making everything look a bit more sleek and smooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin