Sunday 25 May 2014

Winter Skin Saviours


With winter creeping up on us there are a few products that I like to have on hand to avoid things getting dry and all sorts of unappealing. Dry skin and chapped lips are probably one of the most dreaded things about Winter for me so with the help of these few bits I plan on avoiding it as much as I can! It's all about the prep and maintenance in my books so here's what I keep on hand for the chillier months.

Moisturise and repeat! The key in Winter for body, face and hair so for this I turn to Aesop's Body Balm for a fabulous all over moisturiser that smells amazing, absorbs quickly and moisturises deeply. A bedside table essential is L'Occitane's Dry Skin Hand Cream which I find a bit too thick for during the day but perfect for overnight. If things are looking quite dehydrated, try putting some cotton gloves on once you've moisturised to let it sink in even deeper and work twice as hard while you sleep. For super dry patches on my face or body I turn to Vitamin E cream, a fantastic natural option and a multitasking product which I use for dry patches around my nose when I'm sick, on my elbows and just anywhere that needs a surge of moisture. 

A newish duo to the routine is a match made in heaven from Kiehl's- their Midnight Recovery Concentrate and Ultra Facial Cream. If you follow me on Instagram you would've already read my praise for these two but together they have made such a difference to my skin in recent weeks. As a gal with combination skin I've always been a bit weary of using heavy moisturisers especially for the daytime but my skin has just been calling for it but even though this is quite a thick and intense moisturiser I've been wearing it during the day under foundation and it hasn't mixed badly with my makeup at all. Long term I don't think ill use this day and night but it was just what the doctor ordered in the past few weeks and I will continue to use it together with the Midnight Concentrate in my evening routine. 

Last but not least, how could I discuss my skin saviours and not mention Lush Lip Scrubs! Whatever season this stuff is the bomb.com and I really don't know what I did before I used this. I've gone through one pot in no time and I now keep it on my bathroom shelf to remind myself to use it more regularly. Perfect prep for a bold lip and just smoothing out your lips in general really. 

I'm now feeling skincare prepared for the chilly months ahead and hopefully things won't go scaly and icky. (Mmm what a lovely visual!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin