Sunday 26 October 2014

A Beautylishious Birthday



It was recently my birthday and I didn't really have anything major on my wishlist, but I had been eyeing off a few naughty beauty splurges that I just couldn't bring myself to make; however my darling mother was kind enough to spoil me for my birthday! 

I thought I'd do a quick post while all the products are looking pretty and fresh before I let loose and go to swatch town. 

First of all, Wayne Goss. A makeup God- when he launched this line of brushes I was like need. want. must. The way he explains that they've been crafted and the craftsmanship and talent that has gone into each brush I just wanted them in my life. I'd been looking at adding to my brush collection with some more mid-range brushes but when my birthday came around, these came to mind. I didn't want to go for the full set- either face or eye because there's always a brush or two that don't tickle my fancy or I just don't need so I chose to purchase them individually instead. (I didn't leave the choice up to my mum by the way so these weren't a surprise.) I see the point in investing in good eye brushes because I feel they can make a difference in application whereas I'm quite content with my current range of face brushes.

Brush 06
"Brush 06 is great for blending! With a bit of curve, it can blend multiple colors or pull eyeshadow out or up toward the brow."- Beautylish site
Brush 19
"From blending out kohl pencil, depositing shadow and defining the crease to concealing under eye circles, Brush 19 does it all."- Beautylish site

In saying that I see more value in investing in eye brushes, I did also choose a couple of face brushes but not face base if that makes sense. I went for a fan brush as well as a blush/multi-taskting all rounder brush.

Brush 15
"Highlight the tops of cheekbones, brow bones, and cupid’s bow. The thin shape can also create a really sharp, defined line when contouring cheeks." - Beautylish

Brush 11
"Soft enough for applying any powder product—bronzer, blush, or highlighter—over foundation without disturbing it." -Beautylish site


I haven't put any of these brushes to use as of yet, I've been waiting to take my photos, do the post and I just like to look at them and swirl them on the back of my hand.. I posted these on Instagram and captioned the photo describing these as angel's feathers. It's a stretch because I've never felt an angel's feather but these are seriously that soft and just feel amazing. Another thing I did notice was how lightweight these are; some brushes can have really heavy handles but these are super comfortable in your hand and just feel so special.



In addition to Wayne Goss' brushes, I also wanted to join the Charlotte Tilbury phenomenon. I've followed her on instagram and drooled over her makeup range via instagram and beauty bloggers alike and come birthday time, I was on a serious #feelinspendy vibe. These bits were more a gift to myself  (bar the makeup brush) but you know, sometimes you just gotta treat yo'self! (wise words spoken by a lovely Lush assistant on a recent trip. Complete sidenote sorry about that). 

I didn't want to go too mad initially and buy the whole range; well of course I wanted to but my pockets would have cried sweet, sweet, glittery tears, so I just bought two bits that I've heard only good things about and felt I too, needed in my life. 

Surprise, surprise I went for the Filmstar Bronze & Glow. A contour and highlight palette that exudes old hollywood glamour and will undoubtably give me a chiseled looking bone structure. Thank you for your time. Much enabled by YouTube beauty gurus but I place no blame. Even on first opening of the packaging there was love. 

To go with this palette, my mum bought me the Powder & Sculpt Brush which is purely based on Anna (ViviannaDoesMakeup) using it quite a bit in her video tutorials. Then last but not least, I bought one of the Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Sticks in Bronzed Garnet. A quick and easy swipe, blend, done jobby; the shade of this pencil is a gorgeous warm brown catered to a daytime look for green eyes- hey presto, that's perfect for me! Used it the other day and love it. 


With so many beautiful goodies added to my stash, I should be right for the next.. I'd say week. Just kidding, I'm not that bad but I am very excited to now start using all of these things.  

Let me know what's on your highend wishlist because I always like to add to mine! 
Ps. Had a great experience shopping with Beautylish, postage was fairly standard for US to Australia, delivery was via courier so very speedy and you get a lovely handwritten note with your purchase plus I also got a Korres freebie! Highly recommend!!





2 comments:

  1. The filmstar bronze and glow is my favourite. The brushes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I want to try the Wayne Goss brushes! They look great. Hope you had a great Birthday :)

    www.lilyroselo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin