Thursday 8 January 2015

The Summer Scent | Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt


There's something just so special about a Jo Malone fragrance; the boutique nature of the brand, the unique scents, I find it all beautiful! When I saw this cologne hit the pages of beauty bloggers in the Northern Hemisphere, the scent had me intrigued. Every review said it was an unlikely pairing and not something that any of them would have necessarily gravitated to but it was very comforting. On a fairly recent peruse through the David Jones beauty hall, I stopped by the Jo Malone concession and saw it had arrived. Now I'm not really one to go full yolo when it comes to fragrance, I do like to see how it wears and changes on my skin so I spritzed the inside of my wrist and as well as a card I put in my handbag and sniffed my wrist all afternoon long (in a completely normal not weirdo way) . My handbag smelt beautiful and I really liked how it wore on my skin. A couple of weeks went by and I kept thinking about it which is usually a good indication that I really want a product (you know, because that happens so rarely...not). 

My birthday came around and I was kindly gifted a DJs voucher and I knew exactly what I wanted to put it towards. I headed back to Jo Malone, sprayed it on my wrist once more and decided on the 100mL bottle. Generally I tend to go for much more floral, a little bit sweet perfumes but this is something quite different for me which is why I think I was drawn to it. The scent is light, fresh and not overpowering. The campaign is all revolved around the English seaside which has no particular meaning to me but I do like it; the cologne is classified as one of their woody scents with top notes of Ambrette Seeds, heart note of Sea Salt and base note of Sage


"Escape the everyday along the windswept shore. Waves breaking white, the air fresh with sea salt and spray. Alive with the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs. Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage. Lively, spirited and totally joyful." - Taken from the Jo Malone website

The packaging with the thick rope just adds to the entire story and makes it even more special but one thing I will say about this is that I don't feel it lasts as long on my skin as my other Jo Malone colognes. My friend who recently purchased one of the cologne intense said the same.. so I'm not sure if it's just us who can't smell it on ourselves but it's a shame because at this price point and quality I would hope it has better lasting power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin