Sunday 8 March 2015

New In | Maybelline Colour Drama Lipsticks


Things have been a tad lip-tastic here at chez Beautylocale, so apologies for two lip related posts in a row but I just can't help myself! I need want all of the lip products!!

The minute I saw these hit my computer screen when watching beauties in the Northern Hemisphere, I had been waiting (not so) patiently for these to hit Priceline's shelves. It would seem I definitely wasn't the only one either because the second the installations were put into the Maybelline stands, every single store I went into had bare slots. The struggle and devastation was real.

Not for long though! I finally got my eager little hands on one shade and then a few store attempts and days later, a second. Boy oh boy these were worth the wait my friends. Beauty bloggers and the like had sort of loosely thrown around the potential for being a Nars dupe and I have one of the matte lip pencils so I don't know if one makes me an expert but I would definitely say these are beyond drugstore quality and their $9.95 price tag.
Fab Orange & Red Essential
I got sooo many compliments at work and everyone was very shocked that it was a drugstore product brought to us by the gods of Maybelline and also that was so affordable! I posted a photo on my instagram showing how it wore from 9am to 7pm and that was no lie (check it out- @beautylocale). These are really creamy, easy to apply, comfortable to wear allll day long and they've brought out some beautiful bold shades as well as pretty nudes.


Maybelline have really hit the mark with this release and I will definitely be expanding my collection when I release myself from this semi makeup ban I've put myself under..

The swatches really speak for themselves, so if you've been eyeing off the Nars lip pencils but don't want to commit to that price point then head to your nearest Maybelline stockist asap!

3 comments:

  1. These look AMAZING you!!! I've heard a lot of good things about these but I haven't tried them yet myself. Both shades look great on you I can see why you got so many compliments at your work!!! They seem like they are super long wearing which I love!!! I need these so bad!

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you gorgeous lady!! Definitely think you'd love these, the bright pink shades would look beautiful on you!

      Delete
  2. Amazing lip swatches Amelia, they both look gorgeous on you! I own the nude and berry shades but I think I "need" these two!

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin