Saturday 14 March 2015

The Drawer of Makeup Guilt

I like to think of my blog as a kind of sharing circle where anyone can come and join us in celebrating unnecessary addictions to all things makeup and beauty.. right?

Just smile and nod so this post won't make me feel like I'm alone in this, although from instagram sightings I think I can feel pretty secure that I am well and truly not alone.


The backup/new bits drawer. The ghost that haunts all new purchases while I'm perusing the drugstore aisles, the Mecca counters and department store beauty halls. That little voice in my head that says "think of all the new makeup you have sitting at home waiting to be opened and used. You need no more!" Let's be honest though, that pesky voice generally gets the boot and I gladly hand my pennies over in exchange of something new and exciting that's been launched.
It's all about layers- ogres have layers, beauty obsessive's drawers have layers
So this post is to celebrate the new bits/backup drawers that I know a lot of us have and store (read: hoard) new beauty bits! Let me know how out of control yours is getting so I can share the guilt..


1 comment:

  1. Ha! You're definitely not alone here! I thought I wasn't too bad on the make up hoarding front till i collected all my unopened makeup bits and put them in one (quite large!) storage box that i realised it was getting out of control. I'm getting better at not buying cosmetics but when there's a sale how can i resist...

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin