Sunday 1 June 2014

Review | Sleek 'Storm' Eyeshadow Palette





When let loose in a UK drugstore like Boots or Superdrug this gal goes a little cray. On more recent trips when I have been more into makeup and beauty my family and friends have just been astonished at how much I; number 1.buy and number 2. The amount of time I spend in there. My dad spent a great deal of time waiting outside Sephora and Boots while I casually perused the aisles and swatched everything in sight.. Priceline is definitely catching up in terms of having more variety in brand range and special deals but if you've been to a UK drugstore you'll understand my longing. Boots especially, was like a haven- they stock both high and low end beauty brands and they have amazing deals on all the time. Of course when I'm there I look for products that I can't get from Australia and today we're talking Sleek MakeUP.

Again these YouTube enablers will be the death of my bank account but so much talk has been given to Sleek eyeshadow and blush palettes. Their Blush by 3 in Lace made a huge wave on the beauty grapevine because it was dubbed a NARS dupe. It may have been Fleurdeforce who first caught my attention with the Storm eyeshadow palette and it was immediately on my list. I spotted it in Superdrug and it was in my clutches together with one of their limited edition blush palettes. Today I'm giving focus to the Storm palette which as you'll notice from my photos, gets quite a bit of love and attention. A lovely combination of matte and shimmers the shade range is beautiful from light to dark and the pigmentation is spot on. These smooth as butter shadows glide over the lids and blend in seamlessly. I even turned to this palette for my 21st birthday makeup look which is saying something! Everything about these shadows is beautiful- the pigmentation, texture, colour payoff, lasting power and shade range. 

I can't praise this palette anymore, I definitely recommend it for a one stop shop and as a bonus is very affordable from their website which does ship internationally.

Random one swipe swatches of both matte & shimmer shades

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin