Sunday 19 October 2014

Goldwell Elixir

I did try to take a photo of the actual oil then realised it was clear and just the bottle is gold.. derp.

With Summer around the corner, often things can get a little dry and frizzy from all the heat and beaching and swimming that us Aussies enjoy. However, I just have to say AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT! So I've found a product that will be helping me combat frizzy, dry locks this Summer so things remain looking sleek and chic.

Goldwell's Elixir* is a beautiful, lightweight hair oil that has a nice scent and doesn't leave your hair feeling weighed down and greasy. Plus it's a bit of a multitasker so if you're someone who just can't be bothered too much with your haircare routine or you don't want to be spending a lot of money on various products then this could be the one you need. Unlike a lot of other much loved products on the market that have only one oil in them, Elixir is a combination of Argan Oil which we all know is the new 'it' thing in the beauty world, together with Tamanu Oil which has protective qualities. The combination of the two provides your hair with intense shine, silky soft to touch and is great for anti-frizz- well hello, I think you've answered my prayers hair angels!

I like to use this more on towel-dried hair before I quickly 'blow dry' it. I use that term loosely because really I run my fingers through and wave the hairdryer around until is dry enough for me to leave the house and look semi respectable. Applying the oil before hair drying also works as a heat protectant but sometimes I do double up with my TRESemme Keratin Protect spray for added protection.

As I mentioned before this one is a bit of a multitasker, so you can also add a drop of the Elixir into any other hair treatments you may use for a bit o' extra silky smooth and as well as a finishing product. So once you've dried your hair and maybe things are looking a little frizzola and bouffy post-dry; rub a pea sized amount through your palms and gently over your hair avoiding the roots. This will calm things down more and protect against the frizz which for me, is a necessity.

The Goldwell Elixir retails for $34.95 which is cheaper than a lot of the other salon products that aim to do a similar thing. You can purchase it from Goldwell salons.

*I was kindly sent this product for review however all opinions are truthful and my own and this post is not compensated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin