Sunday 19 October 2014

Spring Scents


Every morning, I look at my collection of perfumes and choose one depending on my mood, the weather oustide and the season. I'm not one of those people to wear the same scent every single day, I definitely have some I wear more than others but I prefer to alternate and change it up a little! For Winter, I tend to reach for more rich, warm fragrances whereas now that it's Spring and warming up, I have found myself (surprisingly) reaching for more light, florally fragrances. Whoda thunk it?! These are the top four that when I looked at my stash caught my eye and are definitely some of my most loved. I'm not even going to try to explain how these smell and the different notes etc but I'll add what the companies say they contain.

Jo Malone Wild Bluebell Cologne - I bought this in Harrod's, London last year and stood there for so long with the assistant helping me to choose just one cologne. If you've been to a Jo Malone counter before you'd know it can be a little overwhelming with being presented so. many. choices. They're all displayed on perspex stands that have the main note like, woody, citrus, floral, spicy etc which does help a little. Anyway I ended up with Wild Bluebell which I thought was a beautiful light scent for the warmer months as I bought it at the beginning of my European holiday. 


Wild Bluebell falls under the 'Light Floral' category and is described as- Vibrant sapphire blooms in a shaded woodland. The delicate sweetness of dewy bluebells suffused with lily of the valley and eglantine, and a luscious twist of persimmon. Mesmorising. 


Love, Chloe EDP-  I did something I'd never done before with this perfume... I bought it on a whim. I was browsing Boots Pharmacy in London, again last year, and as I was passing the fragrance cabinet the sales assistant was marking down the perfumes. I was looking for something specific, I can't remember what it was but then I saw this perfume was discounted to £17. £17. I was like :| I asked the lady if it was nice/similar to the original which I've worn for years and do love and she said it was nice but not too similar. I needed a perfume for my trip and this went immediately into my already very full shopping basket. This perfume is one of my favourites and I reach for it a lot a lot. Almost everyday but as I said, I like to chop and change. Whenever I wear this people always say it's a very 'clean' smell and soapy has been mentioned as well. I'm not bothered, I like to smell clean! I found out that this has been discontinued so scoured the internet and bought a new 100mL bottle before they all disappear! However I've seen a lot around on the internet on trustworthy sites if you're interested. 


 It's described as: a celebration of radiant, generous and spontaneous femininity. A contagious beauty that is free and graceful. This fragrance is inspired by the intimacy of the beauty ritual. It is a fine, powdery scent. Light, sensual and iridescent with talc and rice. Notes: orange blossom, pepper, hyacinth, iris, lilac, wisteria, heliotropine, musk, talc, rice powder.




Prada Candy L'Eau EDT- Again an overseas purchase- I tend to wait to buy fragrances overseas because they're cheaper and I sometimes worry about authenticity when purchasing fragrances online. I bought this at a Sephora after I'd sniffed a million and one others and I preferred the EDT of Candy rather than the original. It's lighter and a bit more fresh so therefore not as overpowering. I only bought the 30mL but this has lasted me quite a while. I wore it around Europe so now when I wear it, it takes me back to the Greek Islands and European summer which makes me one happy lady. I love how a scent can attach to a memory and stick in your mind! This is probably about as sweet a perfume as I'll wear as well. 

They say: Combining freshness and joie de vivre, Prada’s latest fragrance evolved from the concept of a fictional young female character, Candy. Alluring and unexpected, pleasure-seeking and enigmatic, the many facets of Candy’s personality reflect the range of notes that form Prada Candy L’Eau. A trinity of white musks, benzoin, and caramel is heightened by the presence of citrus and Oriental floral notes to create a vibrant ensemble. Zestful, elegant, and indulgent, the spirit of the fragrance lies in Candy’s optimistic view of the world.

Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb EDP-  I think this will be one that most people have heard of/use/love or are obsessed with. It's just one of those scents, ya know. Two of my best friends in highschool used to wear this and they just smelt absolutely amaze so I had to jump on the bandwagon and have it to! This is now my second 100mL bottle and I love coming back to it in the warmer months. The thing I like about this perfume is that I feel it smells slightly different on everyone, which I know is often the case with perfumes as it reacts with peoples' skin differently but not always. This on me and this on my best friend are so, so different. I find this to be a fairly warm floral, again quite sweet without being lolly water sweet. I do always get compliments when I wear this and as I said it seems to be a crowd favourite with a lot of beauty obsessives!

They say: This floral explosion releases a profusion of flowers that has the power to make everything seem more positive. Magically evocative notes immediately awaken your deepest senses, giving you the impression of living life in your own secret garden, away from reality. Sambac jasmine, centifolia rose, 
cattleya orchid, and ballerina freesia bloom on a base of patchouli.

What are your favourite go-to perfumes for the warmer months? From this blog post do you have any recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin