Sunday 6 July 2014

Review | L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil


You may have seen me mention L'Occitane on here before or definitely on my instagram. They just get it right when it comes to bodycare in my book. I'm especially a big fan of their hand moisturisers which I always have in my handbag because they come in the perfect size, absorb quickly, are available in beautiful scents and leave my hands feeling nice and nourished. The brand originated in Provence, South of France which is where my Grandma lives so I always love using their products because it makes me think of her, the beautiful fields of lavender and sunflowers and the picturesque countryside.

For Christmas last year I was generously given a large gift set of L'Occitane's Amande range, none of which I had tried before. Someone please tell me where I have been and why I haven't tried anything from it before?! It came with one of the hand moisturisers that I mentioned before which went straight to the handbag, finished it too quickly and I even managed to convert a moisturiser-hater to these because they don't leave your hands feeling greasy or icky but rather fresh and fab smelling. Another goody that came in the gift set was the shower oil which I've definitely seen on the beautysphere- be it Instagram, YouTube or blogs, I'm positive I've seen this quite a bit. Thing is that it is a bit pricey so I don't think I would've really be inclined to spend that much myself on a body wash but now that I've been exposed, nothing else will ever do. Spoiler alert: this stuff is the bomb.com. I use it together with  my Body Shop exfoliating body polisher  which is a nylon towel that can be washed so it's great for daily use. Two pumps of the oil onto the towel, it'll lather up a little and you will hear the angels sing. It not only smells absolutely divine but it leaves your skin feeling like nothing I've ever used in the shower. Admittedly this is my first shower oil but I've used similar products and a few in-shower moisturisers but no, they do not hold a candle to this lil beauty. Your skin feels nourished and hydrated and no surprise, it smells fab; I don't find the scent lingers too long throughout the day on my skin but could just be me or maybe I just can't smell it on myself. 

What they say: A customer favourite. Transforms into a lavish, softening foam--original and unique in texture--that leaves a satin-like softness all over the body. Rich in almond oil and nourishing lipids. Cleanses gently to impart a delectable perfume. Keep handy in bath or shower as an extra-pampering alternative to Shea Butter Soap and our fragrance soaps.

What I say: As I said, I don't see myself using anything else for a good while because this just is an amazing product. They say you can also use it as a shaving base so I'll give that a go as well. The fact that this gives my skin added moisture than a standard body wash and cuts down on steps for me in the morning, I am more than keen for. Also as an award winner, you can't go wrong! 

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil is priced from $36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin