Sunday 27 July 2014

The All Day Matte Lip | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet



The lip product hybrid seems to be all the craze in the beauty world! A while ago I did a post on lip lacquers which have also had their hype and craze in the beautysphere but now the liquid to matte lip seems to be a popular venture from so many beauty brands. Today we're focusing on Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet which I first saw on ViviannaDoesMakeup's YouTube channel/blog and she lurrrrrved them so naturally I took her recommendation as gospel and had my eye out for their launch in Australia. In the meantime I saw many more reviews, swatches and raves so of course my want was even greater. However when they finally landed here maybe two or so months ago now, they retailed for $24.95 each at Priceline which I know is kind of standard for lip products even at the drugstore but seeing as I was hoping to try a few shades the price kind of put me off initially. Fellow beauty instagrammers came to save the day and a gorgeous girl alerted me to Priceline offering these for $10! I hopped to it and picked up two shades to start off with- Hot Pepper and Ole Flamingo, both of which I'd researched and thought looked beautiful and luckily they were in stock!

Hot Pepper
I wore Hot Pepper to work and gave it the work girls test and I honestly had so many compliments and one of the girls even made me take her to Priceline and pick out a colour with her. The colour is beautiful, fades really nicely and doesn't go patchy and even though I talk all. day. at work these are super long lasting and I only reapplied after eating. On arrival back home as usual I took my base off with cleansing water and lips too which took a bit of a scrub to remove so that gives you more of an idea how long lasting these actually are!

I have also spotted these on ASOS for around $13 if you're interested in buying up quite a few (I know I am) After trying them they certainly are worth the hype and the full price because a beautiful matte lip that doesn't dry your lips or feel tight and uncomfortable in my book is worth your while! Absolutely no complaints from me.

Hot Pepper, Ole Flamingo (one swipe)



6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! You've only confirmed my need to buy these! thanks :)
    xx Cass
    camendon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amelia,
    These look so lovely, but the price is a tad steep, so I might have a look on ASOS like you suggested!
    Also wanted to let you know that I have tagged you for the Liebster award, because I love your blog! so please come check out my blog for all info and questions.

    XO
    http://hellojessiek.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the delayed reply! definitely check out asos and they've always got deals on as well. thanks for the tag lovely, I'll do it for sure! I've seen it going around but didn't really have a clue what it was :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you there gorgeous! Love these! Any shade/s in particular you recommend? Wouldn't mind adding a few more to the collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love these lipsticks, the colours are so gorgeous. I’ve just done a review of them on my blog, which you can read here.

    Monica x

    Raid Her Wardrobe - A Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin