Monday 14 July 2014

The INGLOT Freedom Palettes



Something that is definitely not a rarity in the makeup world are eyeshadow palettes. Every company from low to high end have at least one palette to offer so it can make it difficult choosing one if you're not wanting to shell out lots of money trying different brands' offerings. This is why I like the idea of putting my own palette together and of course MAC is probably most famous for this option as a makeup artist's staple. However, here we have another company that does a similar thing- INGLOT.

INGLOT has the Freedom system which lets you put together eyeshadows, blush, lipstick, brow powders and more! I'd heard and read great things about their eyeshadows and I wanted to try them out so I put together my first palette when I was on holiday in Italy last year. It was slightly cheaper than it is in Australia but the prices here are incredible for the quality of the shadows. Here they retail for $10 per shadow which comes in a magnetised pan so you can choose however many you'd like to put together. For my first palette I went with a 5 pan as I was travelling so I didn't what anything too bulky. The lovely assistant helped me choose some colours that would be flattering for my eye colour but I knew I wanted a cranberry and navy shade. I then went with some neutrals that I knew I would get a lot of wear out of and I was not disappointed at all! The palettes themselves are magnetic so the lid clicks on and off and the eyeshadows slot in easily so it's all ready to go when you buy it. Completely chuffed with my first palette I couldn't help but visit the stand at Bondi Junction Westfield to expand my collection.. 

#21, #31, #357, #452

My intention with the quad was something that I could throw in my bag if I ever needed to do my makeup on the go and have colours that I could use for everyday and carry into the evening. Of course they're all neutrals, right up my alley and I've used it a heck of a lot since I bought it at the end of last year. In both palettes I've got a mix of matte and shimmer shades and I'm not disappointed by any of them. The mattes are buttery and opaque, not horrible and chalky and the shimmer shades are beautiful with the perfect amount of shimmer. Whenever I wear these I always get compliments on how they look and paired together with my Urban Decay Primer Potion these last all day. No issues with creasing or wearing off I just love 'em! The quality of these have been compared to that of MAC and other high end options that are much more pricey than these and I definitely agree. You can also purchase from their website if there's no store near you because unfortunately they're a bit few and far between here in Australia.

My Quad- Brown shimmer - #21, Pinky shimmer- #31, Matte brown- #357, Matte nude- #328
Five Palette- Tri Nudes- #101R, Champagne shimmer- #154, Matte grey- #348, Burgundy shimmer- #452, Navy shimmer- #61

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin