Saturday 13 September 2014

Rimmel 'Moisture Renew' Lipsticks


You may have seen my previous post on Rimmel's Kate Moss lipsticks and the glowing review I gave them.. Well I'll do my best not to repeat myself but if you were looking for a disappointing product review I'm sorry you won't be finding that right here. 

The Moisture Renew Lipstick line from Rimmel is their most recent addition to their lip product range if I'm not wrong. This time, endorsed by Georgia May Jagger. Whatever shpiel these have alongside them, it doesn't matter you've already sold me Rimmel! I first bought these in the older packaging which was still the metallic purple tube but a bit different as you'll notice in my photo. I had Notting Hill Nude as well as Nude Delight, both purchased on recommendation from UK bloggers and I think it's Notting Hill Nude that is said to be a Tom Ford dupe.. Well you don't have to tell me twice! Notting Hill Nude was actually the colour I chose for my 21st party which I think I've mentioned before, so that is high praise let me tell you. These lipsticks are exactly as the name suggests, moisturising and they do feel renewing. They glide on, last for a good while and don't leave your lips feeling dehydrated and that icky end of the day I want to take my lipstick off really desperately feeling. Ya know?


L-R: Nude Delight, Notting Hill Nude, Vintage Pink, As You Want Victoria & Sloane's Plum.


When they relaunched this line with more shades and new packaging, I dabbled. Then dabbled some more. I wore the brighter shades to work and got so many compliments on them. They do have a sheen to them and they're easy to apply.  I think I only reapplied after eating lunch despite talking the whole day. (Retail life..) By the end of the day I wasn't desperate to take my lipstick off and put balm on to soothe my lips, rather it still felt comfortable and hydrating. 

For the price of these, the quality is beyond. Regardless of the price, this line of lipsticks is really good. The shade range is a beautiful mix of wearable neutrals and pinks to bold orange, red and plummy wine colours so there's something for everyone! Available from priceline and the like and of course, ASOS plus if you've got student discount you'll be laughing! 

Have you tried this range? Any standouts? 

2 comments:

  1. Always eyeing these in the drugstore! Is Vintage Pink an easy colour to wear? I can never decide if it really works on me or not. Should probably just buy it and try, but now you've made me want Notting Hill nude instead! Decisions decisions...
    Lovely post though!

    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Vintage pink is perfect for everyday and super easy to wear although I do love Notting Hill Nude just as much and of course because it's a nude it's very wearable. Sorry I don't think that would've helped your decision.. I recommend both! :)

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin