Tuesday 30 September 2014

The Body Shop Summer Beauty Preview


Last week I went to The Body Shop's Summer Beauty Preview at their Galeries store in Sydney. What I liked about this event from the outset was that it was advertised publicly on their Instagram page so anyone and everyone could attend, you just had to RSVP. Doing it this way meant that you didn't have to be invited by a PR company so little guys like me who are fans of the brand could go. I was looking forward to this launch seeing as I've already heard quite a bit about their new Argan range from UK beauty bloggers as it's already been launched in the northern hemisphere.



I headed to the event after work last Tuesday and dragged Mum along. It was a fairly small crowd which did surprise me but I guess it wouldn't interest everybody. The event was in cooperation with beauty bloggers Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily, who I'm not going to lie, I hadn't heard of prior to this. We had some time to mill around the store and have a look at the new and existing ranges before the two girls demonstrated and explained some of The Body Shop's most recent beauty launches. Most of which I was already aware of apart from the Drops of Youth range which contains a serum and undereye roll on. It makes the big claim that you'll see a noticeable difference in four weeks so of course, both my Mum and I were pulled in. She bought the serum and me, the undereye roll on. I'll report my thoughts after I've used it a while and (hopefully) when I start noticing some difference in my dark circles.


I only bought the rough scrub from the new Argan range, although all the products smell amazing and sound very good but I thought I'd just start with one and work my way through what I already have. One thing that was slightly disappointing was that because the Galeries store is about to undergo refurbishment, the store was out of stock of a couple of the products that I needed to repurchase or wanted to try out; with all products discounted for the evening only, it was a shame I couldn't buy more!

Goodie bags were handed out on our way out with a few samples from their Nutriganics range, a Makeover voucher and a sample size of their new Water Lotus fragrance which smells super fresh for Spring/Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin