Wednesday 25 June 2014

Review | L'Oreal Ever Sleek Shampoo & Conditioner


In my time I have gone through a hell of a lot of shampoo and conditioner, both supermarket as well as salon brands. When I was younger my mum always used to say she swore I just poured it down the plughole because I went through it so quickly but I stand by the fact it's because I have quite thick and at the moment, long hair. For that reason when I was younger I never bothered with expensive haircare and it wasn't until recent years when I started buying my own that I experimented a bit more with salon brands and highend shampoos and conditioners. Some were good, some meh and some really bad. Like highend makeup, I hate spending a lot of money on a product to use it and find out I hate it but unfortunately with haircare there's no samples, it works differently for everyone so it can be seriously hit and miss! 

I think it was madam Estee (essiebutton) who I first saw rave about L'Oreal's Hair Expertise sulfate-free ranges. With a quick google search, I read more positive reviews and at $15 a bottle I thought I'd give it a go. In terms of a better than basic supermarket range shampoo and conditioner the price isn't too unreasonable and of course Priceline always has amazing offers on. The first of these ranges I tried was EverCreme shampoo, conditioner and deep repair masque. Used it, loved it, repurchased it. I was very impressed with the way it left my hair and the masque did a great job as a more intensive repair. If you follow me on instagram (@beautylocale) you may have seen that when I was on a short getaway with my Mum I realised I'd forgotten to bring any type of hair serum or oil so I dashed to Priceline and after much pacing the aisle and weighing up all my options (as I am a devoted MorrocanOil-er and hadn't tried many of the products) I bought the EverSleek Frizz Taming Creme Serum. Once again I was impressed with the way this left my hair so during Priceline's most recent 40% off haircare offer I stocked up and purchased both the EverSleek and EverCreme shampoo and conditioners. 


Ok so onto the duo of the hour! I'm almost through the bottles so I feel it's time to review and share my thoughts. I'm sure you can guess..? I'm impressed. No surprises here, the EverSleek range is another nail on the head by L'Oreal and I will definitely be repurchasing it. My hair is thick, I wouldn't say wiry but most definitely frizzy. As a youngin I was that girl with the low pony and a halo of frizz around the frame of my face. With age it has definitely calmed down but I do still straighten my front frizzies as I call them, on the daily. Using this combination has left my hair on the whole a lot more sleek as it intends and nice and soft. The smell, like all the products is super yummy and does stay in your hair so when you flick it you can smell it which I really like. As I briefly mentioned before these are sulfate and silicone free and don't leave any kind of build up nor do I feel they weigh my hair down. 


The verdict:


What they say - Fully and weightlessly smoothed , your hair becomes incredibly soft, with exceptional 

body and a silky feel. Intensely nourished and repaired, your hair reveals a new kind of beauty.

What I say- Agreed! As you can probably gather, I really like this range and I will continue to use it and the EverCreme range on rotation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin