Saturday 21 June 2014

Review | Nuxe Dry Oil


Nuxe is a French pharmacy brand that I discovered a few years ago, probably around the same time as La Roche Posay. The brand is very Eco-friendly and base their products in natural origin cosmetology which gets my immediate thumbs up. In the past I've used their eye cream, skincare and I'm currently using one of their facial moisturisers but this post is more focused on their Dry Oil (Huile Prodigeuse) a multitasking product that comes with and without shimmer- I have with. It is said to be used to nourish, repair and soften your face, body and hair in one single step. Winner of many beauty awards and recipient of much Internet rave and review I had to give it a go. I bought this bottle from Escentual during one of their 1/3 off French pharmacy brand sales but I did spot it in Priceline the other day as more of their stores are stocking Nuxe and other French pharmacy brands.

It has a fresh sort of floral scent which is quite strong if you're not a big fan of scented products. I like to use this on my arms and legs and it leaves my skin moisturised and only slightly shimmery which is nice especially for the evenings. I have been brave enough to use this in my hair but when it was almost due for a wash and I'm glad I did because I didn't really understand how an oil of this consistency wouldn't make your hair look greasy even through the ends. In saying that I absolutely love it for my body, it is a dry oil so it absorbs into nothing and feels matte if that makes any sense whatsoever.. 

It's something different than I've ever used before in terms of it being a dry oil and I always love a good multitasking product!

The shimmer is very subtle so there's no danger of hitting the sunshine and suddenly looking like a disco ball! It just leaves your skin looking healthy, hydrated and lightly fragranced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin